Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Blog Post 4


While I am waiting for my client to give me the prioritized subset of patient data to be mapped, I wanted to go ahead and map out just a small portion (50 patients) just to see how my map would start to come together, including all other layers (local resources, school district boundaries, etc.) It is very clear through this small representation of patient data that mapping all 2, 788 patients would appear extremely clustered on the map. It is most likely that I will end up mapping just the patients with the newest client IDs - probably around 100 patients. I have also just obtained the school district boundary lines data set from CUGIR and now must convert that shapefile into a csv/xlsx file so that it can be imported into GoogleMaps.







2 comments:

  1. Rebecca,
    I like the symbology you chose for each resource. Would a solution to your issue be to create multiple maps based on patient proximity in either Zip code, town, or city? That way, each map will be for patients within a certain proximity to a city, or patients within a town. As many of these resources are usually located within these areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,

    Good job!! What a great idea for a map! Doctors that care this much about their patients are hard to find.I look forward to seeing the final product. Cool symbology.

    ReplyDelete