Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Blog Post 3

I received the pediatric patient data from my client this past Thursday and attempted to import the excel file into my initial GoogleMaps document today to start the entire mapping portion of my project. However, there appears to be a limit of 100 cells that GoogleMaps  allows to be imported, and my file is way too large as it contains 2,789 cells of patient addresses. This is a definite problem in the early stage of my project, hopefully we will sort it out within the next few days. I must also work on converting each individual address into lat/long coordinates.I am converting addresses in groups of 100 at this point, so this is a little tedious as well. I reached out to my client via E-mail earlier in the day regarding the number of addresses that I will be able to map out, and asked if there is a certain subset of data that can possibly be prioritized - so that this number can be scaled down to something more reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment